Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hitting the gym

Hey guys! I know its been a bit since I've written, I've been slacking - sorry.   The gym has been going fabulous! Ive made it to 2.6 miles on the treadmill,  all uphill.  I'm finally starting zumba and pilates, and today is my first kickboxing class which I'm super excited for!  Most of my incisions have healed really well.  I have a couple of stitches that still haven't dissolved so I will be asking the doc about that when I see him in two weeks.  I have one site that is still really tender and bruised so I'm still babying that side.  I really noticed it yesterday when I was pulling down the door to my trunk, it flexed that muscle and I could feel it pull - just taking its time.  I went to lunch on Monday with one of my best friends, that was a new adventure lol.  I ordered soup and salad, ate about 1/5 of the soup and brought the salad home (my girls ate it lol).  It was so much fun to get out of the house and hang out with her, and it was good to go out to eat and see what I can do and what options I have.  I do have a card that states I had stomach surgery so that I can order smaller portions,  but I didn't use it this time.  I go back to work next week.  Extremely excited and very nervous too.  Work is where I sit all day and snack on things, which I can't do anymore - I dont want to do that anymore.  It will be another challenge for me, but I am so lucky that I have the amazing friends and support there that I do.  I know it will work out - I just have to remember,  baby steps.  Well, I'm going to go work in the house and get ready for the gym, I will write soon!  Until then be happy,  and stay safe :)♥

No comments:

Post a Comment