Friday, March 29, 2013

Finally home

Hi everyone!  Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I had hoped to write sooner after surgery, I didn't fully understand how I would feel. Surgery was Tuesday morning at 7:30 am. Doctor came out an hour and a half later and said it was a boring surgery,  no issues and no complications.  I don't remember much of that day.  I know I woke up in my room on a dilauded drip getting constant zofran. I got sick a couple of times,  which is normal because they were playing with my stomach and small intestine.  Wednesday is a little clearer.  I had amazing nurses that took fabulous care of me.  I have five incisions on my belly that hurt but are healing well.  Doc decided to keep me one extra day because I am severely anemic and he he wanted iron treatments done.  I am on lovenox - that I give myself which is huge since I hate needles - as well as pain killers and supplements.  Today was the first day I felt almost hungry,  but nothing but liquids until Wednesday.  I'm starting to get scared about the next steps.  So much revolves around food,  and I have allowed food to become my crutch, my drug, my salve, my disguise - what am I going to do now that I am without that?  Where will I hide?  How will I cope?  Who will I become?  It's intimidating,  I can only hope it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you love! I know your road won't be easy but I also know you, and you'll use your wit and humor to make this the best you can. Good luck with the lovenox, I remember I hated that stuff when I took it. But anyway just know I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete